Thursday, May 14, 2009

Obsessive Much?

Once again...I skimped on blog posts... *looks down in shame* But I swear, after exams are over, I will post a lot more! So first off, let's talk about the whole Jon & Kate thing going on. What the heck? Is it a publicity stunt to endorse the book, or a family being torn apart in the public eye? I don't know. I hope it's just to excite people to go get the book, but I think it's horrible either way. Cheaters are horrible. HORRIBLE! But on a lighter note, a surreal note that's like a feather, I encourage people to listen to Susumu Hirasawa! He sings most of the songs on the PAPRIKA soundtrack (which I have not yet seen, but I heard is AWESOME) and some stuff for Paranoia Agent. But his music is filled with awesome sounds, and yodeling background singers, and just has this all-over ethereal vibe to it. It's like Enya but better, and not depressing! But it gives you that 'Floating in water' feeling. Yeah, cheesy, but that's the only way I can think to describe it! More information on PAPRIKA: It's directed by Satoshi Kon. Who is pretty epic. Like Hayao Miyazaki epic. That's some big shoes to fill (or share) Here is a piece of the ingenious opening





Speaking of Hayao Miyazaki, I have a bootlegged (bootlegs are awesome) copy of Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea. YAY! It's great cause I bet the dubbed one won't be released until like, 2010! xD Sweet carrots! But he is a GENIUS! Oh! And I ordered the Kadaj costume for MetroCon! It's gonna be awesome!

*hearts* ~Yuri

No comments:

Post a Comment